Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome to Spring in Sandusky

The boat is finally in the water. We are in our brand new slip at Dock of the Bay, and the rain has stopped. Now what needs to go away are our slithery friends, the endangered and dreaded Lake Erie water snakes. It's mating season and these creatures have no shame. They do it everywhere. One day, a few years ago, a friend went to pick up a black dock line that turned out to be a big, fat water snake. He did a great impression of Jesus running across the water. The next day, he changed all of his dock lines to white. I am told that the Lake Erie water snake is harmless. I beg to differ. If I did what my friend did, I would have had a heart attack and died on the spot. 

The picture posted is of a couple of them on the swim platform of another friend's boat. The current snake infestation will be over by mid-June. They will all go away to smoke cigarettes and raise little snakes. I don't know where they do that but I am sure I won't be there to observe.

No comments:

Post a Comment